UFC 264: Conor McGregor has serious leg injury in fight with Dustin Poirier

UFC 264: Conor McGregor has serious leg injury in fight with Dustin Poirier

McGregor’s leg force not have been completely going into his trilogy fight with Dustin Poirier at UFC 264. 

McGregor was injured he was later diagnosed with a broken tibia. When the doctor said that McGregor's left leg was amputated, he could not continue the fight. So the main event was eliminated in the first round. The two-division champion underwent surgery on Sunday and it is expected that McGregor will miss the rest of the 2021 fights. That he will from the game for the rest.

McGregor updated his health on Thursday using the social media platform Instagram he said he actually started fighting with Poirier with a fracture in his leg. He also says that Dana White and the UFC were told about it and that the fighting was almost stopped.

McGregor says his leg is better than ever And he says I was wounded in the fight. People are asking me when my leg was fractured? When was the leg broken? Ask the UFC, ask Dr. Davidson, the head doctor of the UFC. They realized that going into my cage put pressure on my leg.

It’s unclear at what precise duration McGregor’s injury happened during Saturday’s fight. Poirier admired if it might have occurred when he checked one of McGregor’s kicks, while Xtreme Couture coach Eric Nicksick declared on Twitter that it may have happened when a McGregor front kick appeared in his ankle striking the point of Poirier’s elbow. The injury was most obvious when McGregor got a critical step back near the end of the round and his lower leg visibly distorted.

According to McGregor, leg injury affected him so much in the camp that he had to generate new plans in training, some of which actually helped him.

McGregor, who turned 33 on Wednesday, is assumed to be out of action for an essential length of time, he is already attending a silver lining to his injury. Had it not occurred, he thinks he never would have approached his ongoing leg problems.

McGregor told. “I required to get surgery on the ankle and I would have never done to going below the knife except something like this has occurred. So something like this has occurred, I’m going in and getting exactly what I wanted and what I demanded was a titanium shin bone. So now I’ve received a titanium rod from the knee to my ankle and the doctor said it’s solid.”

McGregor told. “I required to get surgery on the ankle and I would have never done to going below the knife except something like this has occurred. So something like this has occurred, I’m going in and getting exactly what I wanted and what I demanded was a titanium shin bone. So now I’ve received a titanium rod from the knee to my ankle and the doctor said it’s solid.”

Several days of removal from surgery, McGregor confirmed that the process has been tougher on him than he assumed. While his primary reaction to the method was totally positive, he’s since got a reality check as far as how hard the journey to a comeback will be.

McGregor said. “The job was completed, it was a great work that was completed and I was like, ‘Yes, I’ve got this. This is gonna be simple. I can do this no problem.’ And then I beat a wall, I’m in a lot of pain It’s not gonna be a few days it’s gonna be a part of the time.

“I understand there’s gonna be ups and downs on this journey that I’m gonna be on now and I’m just a little happier and a bit more accepting of it. I’m motivated to keep going.”


Road Out More!

0 comments